“Wildness Within, Wildness Without”
Exploring Maine's Thoreau-Wabanaki Trail
Celebrating the wilderness spirit and recreational heritage of the North Woods of Maine.
• Foreword by Bill McKibben
Visions & Voices from the Trail:
Exhibit images interwoven with quotes
• Thoreau quotes edited by Michael Frederick of the Thoreau Society.
• Essay by Bridget Besaw on art and conservation activism
• Map of the trail and region by Michael Hermann
• Thoreau Trail essay by Tom Slayton
• History essay by Neil Rolde
• Conservation essay by Alan Hutchinson of the Forest Society of Maine
• Butch Phillips essay on North Woods tribal history and K100 trail tradition.
• Jennifer Barton essay on outdoor education.
• Garrett Connover essay on wilderness guiding and economic impact of nature-based tourism.
To Buy the Book "Wildness Within Wildness Without"
Please visit a book store in Maine. At this time, there is no online source.